This last year flew by, and then again, it didn't. Honestly, 2021 was not any real better than 2020, in most aspects. Most of those being Covid.
We tried living as normal of a life as possible, but you know, deep down - not even that deep - it wasn't. 710 worked from home most of the year, and then forced to go back to the office - no exceptions. And he doesn't even work in an industry that really needs people in one location. Ever.
I've had more of my staff contract Covid in the last four weeks than in the last 18 months combined. And dying. It's fucked up.
The January 6th insurrection still weighs on me. Mostly that very little has been done about it. Pelosi & Co have just screwed the pooch on this, completely. Pappy Joe & Co too. He's as weak as I expected and can't move anything at all. Both of these inactions will have the democrats losing the House in 2022 and the Senate too. As if it matters We have the majority (in most regards) now, and they can't get a thing passed.
Oh yeah - Black lives still don't matter, but Kyle Rittenhouse showed us that neither do white ones. Proud Boys and the like just love to hate.....and kill. With return to in-person learning, we found school shootings still happens and pro-life still only matters when you're a cell, but not an actual person.
Enough of the gloom.
We are both employed. The animals are still good. I've had two trips this year - Provincetown, which really fed my soul my seeing friends, laughing in person, hugging and connecting. And 710 and I got to the beach via Baltimore and DC.
Friends are still having weekly Sunday afternoon Zoom calls / drinks. These four remain my lifeline. Well, them and the booze, of course.
Work is work. It is unrelenting and will remain so. One step forward, two back. I have some fucked up employee situations that will take months to resolve. On the plus side one of the lottos is like $400MM, so maybe.......just maybe...............
No resolutions for 2022. I'll be happy to make it through the Year of the Omicron. Why push the luck.
We have no plans for 2022 either. We haven't thought about vacations or time off. ...but again, that $400MM might just change everything. We can fly Spirit AND pay to check our luggage! (as if I'm getting on a plane!)
As always, you know (?) I break down the blog year by the numbers. I'm not convinced they are accurate, but Blogger Analytics is all I gots.
- Number of posts: 365.
- Number of unique page views: 232, 391, up a decent 10% views from 2021. Now this is the best year I have ever had.
- Month with most page views: May 2021 with 32,589. An average of just a bit over 1,000 hits per day.
- Number of comments: 1,199. That is an 4.2% decrease from last year.
- Top posts of 2021: What can I say? The stuff that draws people surprises even me. I just write them - you don't HAVE to read them.
- She's a Lady. It seems mocking Ms. Lindsey Graham was high on everyone's list. It had almost 2.5x viewers as any of the other four entries below.
- the Rise and Fall of Intelligent Design and Anywhere's Better Than Here tie for second place.
- All Aboard finally! A Shep / Sophie appearance
- No Real Post (which is totally accurate) gets fourth.
- True Colors. More pets!
- My top post of all times is still a 2010 post on Camel Toe which now has 132.000. Oddly, this is 1,000 LESS hits than this time last year. See why I don't actually trust Google?
- Top (Ten) Referring Sources - Blogger analytics now has graphs.