It started out so promising, didn't it?
I'd like to say I won't focus on the negatives, but there is 14 billion ton elephant in that room, and it's gonna be dumping dung on us for the next four years.
We've experienced deaths this year - canine and human, though we truly try to not wallow in those, but remember the good times we had with them.
And we've had celebratory times as well - weddings and family reunions, even if they're mini. I've seen a lot of my in-laws this years, and realize how much I really enjoy being around them. We've said we need to make an effort to do this more often, and not at weddings or funerals.
I alluded to in yesterday's picture post that I had seen a number of my cousins this year. December, six of them (and some of their spouses) were all in town. A gallery opening, dinner, a Shiva do-over, brunch and cemetery visit. And some of them got to meet Shep - which I would like to think was their weekend highlight. Robyn is trying to figure out a 2017 reason to all get together - - and she thinks it should be 710's and my 7th anniversary. It is as good a reason as any. I truly enjoy all their company so much.
There was also the Indians. It was good and bad. They put their heart and talent into that World Series (well, except for Game 6). If it's possible to be happy and said simultaneously, this would be that scenario. Sigh.
2017, I dare say, many of us will need friends and (some) family more than usual for a support system. At best we need to assemble a Rebel Alliance against the evil Empire.
So, so-long 2016. I don't think I'll be missing you.
As I've did last few years, for the blog we have a few pieces of info you might (or might not) find interesting - 2016 specific *:
- Number of posts: 400. Remember, I have Pic a Day in May (plus my regular posts) and it was a Leap Year. And I had a few instances where two posts a day seemed necessary. It is my highest posting year.
- Number of unique page views: 139,969 up a measly 3.4% from 2015.
- Month w most page views: October 2015 with 15,656.
- Number of comments: 1,309 which is a 21% decrease. Ouch. I blame Mike! ( comments always appreciated.....even from Mike)
- Top post for 2016: Because you're all a big bunch of love, Kitty was the winner. After that the next four top posts were
- Stand or Fall
- a Shep tie: Fit for a King and Second Chance
- 12 of 12 for March
- ...and Warning Sign
- My top post of all times is still a 2010 post on Camel Toe which now has almost 132,465 (!!!) views. That is only 1,217 more hits since last year - which is down by 25,000 than the year before. (search terms: camel toe, cameltoe, yoga pants camel toe, girls in tight pants......yes, how well they know me)
- Top Five Referring Sources (in order that is non-search engine related) oddly have not changed at all in the last year - even the order.: I Should be Laughing, Doing Time in Shaker Heights, Closet Professor, BosGuy and Sean at Just a Jeep Guy - which is pretty good since Sean seems to have dropped off the blogging world and possibly the Earth itself. Congrats to all.
- Viewing Audience Top Five Countries (in order): U.S., Germany, China, Ukraine and France.
There you have it.
I am finishing drafting this at 22:04. I don't believe I'll be awake for the actual new year, though as always gun shots might wake me up, though they've been pretty regular since around 20:30. So far they haven't made Shep get up and bark, so that's a plus.
I hope you all have / had a safe and happy New Year.
See you in 2017.
Song by: Suzanne Vega
Yes, let's have a collective dump on 2016 to see it off for good - though should we be also saving some for this year now, where the prospects are anything but promising? I'm starting to shudder at what might come at us from ANY direction.
So, if Googles stats are to be believed, the U.K. didn't even make the top five in the number of your readers - even beaten by Ukraine? Very strange. Clearly some people/countries are lacking in taste.
Have a good start into 2017, B (and Shep), and let's hope that that form is prolonged far, far into the year.
HNY to all at your house! this year is going to blow goats. :(
I hope you/yours have a marvelous 2017.
I comment and I'm not Mike. Here's your 2017 kick off comment. There will be more.
You're fortunate to really enjoy your in-laws and relatives (I do too). Take advantage of any opportunity to spend time with them. They won't be around forever. Happy new year!
Post a Comment