The question is: what to do with that.
Yesterday I mentioned 2017 was not a bomb. I forgot to say, politically it is a nightmare. Off the hook scary dream shit. Personally and professionally it was ok.....for me.
While I'd like to think this administration cannot ride out three more years, if they do, in some sick way, we've made it through 25% of it all. It's the best silver lining with which I can come up.
The blog makes into another calendar year.......but for how long? I'm not threatening to quit or anything, but there are more days of me thinking: how do I think of another post?
I am normally not a resolution guy, but I might have one for this year: a stone. I need to drop one, and not a kidney one.
For the first time in a long long time, I have crept up over 200 lbs. Not much over, but still.....over.
With elbow and shoulder, any weight lifting has been out. With my fascitits, biking and elliptical is on indefinite hold. With the hand (and shoulder), yoga has been put on the sidelines. If it not for the dog and doing about 12,000 steps per day, my physical activity would be nil.
I suppose this means change to my diet if I am to achieve this goal. As someone who likes white flour and white sugar, well, this will be tough.
And Dr. Spo called me out (well, kind of....and nicely....) about my lack of comments on his blog. True. My comment skills have gone to the wayside. My blog reading isn't the same as well. Work interferes with a lot of it. Somedays I'm just happy to eke out a post. But I should be better with my blogroll.
But it's a new year. Let's close out the last one shall with.......with the questionable numbers. You all now I don't believe Goooooogle Analytics are real. Or at least accurate. If, and for, no other reason, just take a look at my top post of all time entry.
Still it is what it is. I don't truly have a better method.
- Number of posts: 398. Remember, I have Pic a Day in May (plus my regular posts).
- Number of unique page views: 139,807 down a total of 87 views from 2016.
- Month w most page views: April 2017 with 16,075.
- Number of comments: 950. That is a big drop off (~28%) from the previous year, which had 21% decrease of its own. I have no one but myself to blame for this - see the Spo reference above.
- Top post for 2017: I'm beginning to think you only come here for Shep / Sophie pictures. 4 of the 5 are pet related. Oddly enough, the most viewed post is not.
- Classless Clown (beware, it's BLOTUS related)
- Standing (beware, it's Shep porn)
- Excited (see #2)
- Take a Walk (see #3)
- Toys (see #4)
- My top post of all times is still a 2010 post on Camel Toe which now has 132,046 views, which is odd, because last year the total was 132,465 (!!!) views. How does it subtract???
- Top Five Referring Sources (in order that is non-search engine related) oddly have not changed at all in the last year - even the order.: I Should be Laughing, the Closet Professor (moving up a space) Doing Time in Shaker Heights, BosGuy and Sean at Just a Jeep Guy - which is pretty good since Sean seems to have dropped off the blogging world and possibly the Earth itself. Congrats to all.
- Viewing Audience Top Five Countries (in order) remain the same as last year, as they have the best bots to try to place ads in my comments (I'm guessing): U.S., Germany, China, Ukraine and France.
2017 is closed for business. 2018's doors are open. Let's see what happens.
Song by: Teena Marie