You know, I rarely use my slow cooker. But when at the grocery, I picked up a pork loin, whereas we might usually just do chops. I figgered the loin was less pricey in certain ways (i.e. leftovers). Now, I just needed an inventive way to cook it.
Slow cooking seemed to be the most practical answer - just not during the week, as it would take hours, but inconvenient hours at that. So it was a weekend meal.
Here we go...........SPICE RUB
- 2 tsp EACH paprika, thyme
- 1 tsp EACH garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper ,
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter , unsalted
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper , each
- 3 tsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with splash of water