You've heard the "the cat's stuck up on the roof" joke, right?
It's classic - and funny. I first heard it while watching Maude. Yeah - I'm that old.
The joke starts with explaining to whomever you're cat-sitting, that the now dead cat isn't dead.
First it's stuck on the roof. The next day you tell them, it slid off the roof and at the vet. The third day you tell them the vet is trying, but things don't look good. The fourth day you tell them the cat passed away.
The joke ends with, "so, how's grandma?", and the other person says, "she's stuck on the roof....." Honestly, it's really in the delivery. Bea Arthur's delivery specifically.
So, once again: Boris Johnson is stuck on the roof.
That is 710's and my guess.
- Day One: Johnson tested positive for coronavirus
- Day Two: Johnson's symptoms had subsided, but he still had a fever.
- Day Three: He continues to self-quarantine at Downing St.
- Day Four: QEII has a rare national televised message regarding covid-19.
- Day Five: Boris Johnson is admitted to intensive care.
- Day Six: well...............
Mind you, I'm drafting this at 20:00 on Monday, so by the time I wake up tomorrow, this might no longer be a prediction, and just reality. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm not. Or possibly my timing is just a bit off by a day or three.
I've already made a wager of drinks on this......and oddly, not with Mike.
And I'm going to say what you're all thinking: "why couldn't have been BLOTUS?"
Why indeed Why indeed.
Song by: Fleetwood Mac