One Pot Pasta with Ricotta and Lemon is fairly easy - though clean up is kind of a pain - even if the dish title infers it's all in one pot. It's kind of a lie.
I'd find this dish better for the chillier weather, which I did when we dipped into the 40s. It's comfort carbs but a little twisty. And it's vegetarian-y. I think it's not vegan-y with two different kinds of cheese. You know how those vegans are. Almost as annoying a gluten allergic cross-fitters.
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pound short, ribbed pasta, like gemelli or penne
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta (8 ounces)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino (2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest plus
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- Red-pepper flakes, for serving
- ¼ cup thinly sliced or torn basil leaves, for serving (optional). Not really optional.