For the 2nd year in a row, I have not come across a disk strong enough that I would qualify as 'CD of the Year'.
Many releases had good aspects, but nothing that stood out so much that I went 'WOW'.
But there are some disks that had really outstanding music, so I'll do a top song list - in no particular order:
- Losing Touch - the Killers
- Juliet of the Spirits - the B-52's
- I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie
- Mercy - Duffy
- 24 Hour Break Up Session - Local H
- Human - the Killers
- Love Runs Deeper - Lindsey Buckingham
- U Want Me 2 - Sarah McLachlan
- Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
- Great Beyond - Aimee Mann
- Supernatural Superserious - R.E.M.
- Cowboys - Counting Crows
I like the ones on your list (that I've heard of), even though thanks to George, I have to sing that KoL song like Elmer Fudd's version of Fiwa.
I never know the names of songs, but I would've included one of the Snow Patrol and Shiny Toy Gun songs. There were two by MGMT that were fun. I like that melodramatic Many Shades of Black (Raconteurs) ditty. And the new Eagles of Death Metal song rocks out.
"That's Not My Name" by the TingTings is still a big fave of mine as is "School for Scandal" by Debbie Harry. (It's probably that line about the Devil's dick!)
I have yet to tire of "The Girl you Lost to Cocaine" and "Little Black Sandals" by Sia.
Teddy Thompson's entire album "A Piece of What You Need" is an '08 highlight as well.
Post a Comment