Yesterday, as I exited the elevators at work I could smell someone cooking in our office kitchen.
If you remember (and why would you?), we have a pretty nice gourmet set-up in the office. Viking everything. And we all have one week of kitchen duty per year or so.
But what this guy was cooking was pungent. It made it's way out to the lobby through glass doors. It didn't smell bad - just strong. About a half hour after being at my desk, I started coughing. ....and coughing. ....and coughing.
I don't have a cold...or an infection (at least I think I don't), I can only assume the chili oils wafting through the air, from the hot hot peppers he was cooking that set something off - or that I'm allergic to. One of the two. ....or I have a cold or infection. I'm still betting on the allergy or irritant.
So here I am almost 30 hours afterwards still clearing my lungs here and there. It's not as bad as yesterday, but not nearly where I thought I would be today.
Song by: the Red Hot Chili Peppers